Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time to say goodbye

Today we said goodbye to my grandfather, otherwise known as Gramp. He was a crotchety old bugger who was very set in his ways and also always right!!! I will miss him dearly but I'm also rather cranky with him. Within months of our Nanna passing he flew to the Philippines and married a lady younger than I am. He also gave us all an ultimatum of accepting her and calling her Nanna or we would be "nothing" to him. Unfortunately for him, the family decided to have no more contact with him for awhile, till he calmed down at least!!!

I saw him only 3 weeks ago when they told him he had bone cancer and I guess for him, at least it took him quickly. His wife, my Nanna, had bone cancer and suffered endlessly for 8 months. I would rather take my life than suffer like she did. Its a sad state of affairs this dying business. I have seen and suffered through far too many peoples passing for my liking.

But we carry on, as the world wishes us too. On a brighter note, the kids went back to school today!! YAY!! I missed them, but I know Mischa missed them more!! She searched the house for ages, this afternoon when we got home, saying "buddas, buddas" it was rather adorable!!

1 comment:

  1. Goodness your dear old Gramp kept your family on their toes didn't he! Sounds like he'll be missed though, despite his crotchety ways.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete