Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sad.....

Hmmmm I feeling a bit sad today, its been 2 years since my Nanna passed away. So I'm taking my Dad for a drive to the cemetery, which is also where my Mum is buried....
So I guess its a double visit really, strangely enough my kids enjoy going to the cemetery they like looking at all the headstones. I'm not sure if that's a morbid thing or a good thing, at least they have a strong sense of life and death.

Unfortunately for my kids they only have 2 grandparents left, my Mum died when I was 19 so they never knew her but my father in law died when my eldest was 3 and he remembers Grandad dying in an accident. Its terrible for young people to be without grandparents I reckon! I loved my grandparents and really treasure the memories I have of staying at their houses and them telling tales of when they were young.. Oh well I suppose we, as our children's parents, will just have to tell them tales of our parents instead! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment